A list of resources that I have found useful in my own writing.
- Writing Excuses – Brandon Sanderson, Dan Wells, Howard Taylor and Mary Robinette Kowal deal with all sorts of writing issues (both craft and business) succinctly in this 15 minute weekly podcast. (full review here)
7 Point Plot Structure
- My Notes on the strucutre can be found here: 7 Point Story Structure – Christy’s Notes
- Or you can watch the full video series for yourself.
- (Or view the videos directly on YouTube)
- Years ago I found the 100 Most Important Questions to Ask Your Character – a worksheet to build role-playing game characters. I have used it to great effect to get to know my fiction characters, as well.
- 100 Most Important Questions to Ask Your Character